HVAC Tax Credits & Rebates for Northern Kentucky Homeowners
Duke Energy Smart saver incentive (KY Duke energy electric customers)
This program is available to Duke Energy residential electric service customers residing in single-family homes, condominiums, mobile homes, townhomes, and duplexes.
Additionally, all application and supporting documentation must be successfully submitted and approved within 90 days of the date of service after Oct. 1, 2012.
Qualifying HVAC equipment requirements:
- Heat Pumps must be 14 SEER or greater and include an ECM fan on the indoor unit.
- Central Air Conditioners must be 14 SEER or greater and include an ECM fan on the indoor unit.
- Geothermal Heat Pumps must be 10.5 EER or greater and include an ECM fan on the indoor unit.
Kentucky State Tax Credit for Energy Improvements
Incentive Type: Personal Tax Credit
Eligible Efficiency Technologies: Water Heaters, Lighting, Furnaces , Boilers, Heat pumps, Central Air conditioners, Building Insulation, Windows, Doors
Applicable Sectors: Residential, Installer/Contractor, Multi-Family Residential
Amount: 30% of installed cost
Maximum Incentive: $500 maximum for all improvements.
Technology caps are as follows:
- Insulation: $100
- Windows and Storm Doors, Water Heater, Heat Pump, Air Conditioner, Advanced Main Air Circulating Fan: $250/unit
- Equipment Requirements: Attic Insulation: R-38 or higher
- Exterior Wall, Crawl Space, Basement Exterior Wall Insulation: R-13 or higher
- Floor Insulation: R-19 or higher
- Electric Heat Pump Water Heater: Must yield an energy factor of at least 2.0 in the standard DOE test procedure
- Split Central Air Conditioning System: SEER of 15, EER of 12.5
- Packaged Central Air Conditioning Systems: SEER of 14, EER of 12
- Natural Gas, Propane or Oil Water Heater: Energy factor of .80 or higher
- Natural Gas, Propane or Oil Furnace or Hot Water Boiler: Annual fuel utilization efficiency rate of at least 95
- Carryover Provisions: Maybe carried forward for one year
- Start Date: 1/1/2009
- Expiration Date: 12/31/2015
Kentucky Utilities Company – Residential Energy Efficiency Rebate Program
Applicable Sectors: Residential
Amount: Central AC: $100, plus $100 for each SEER above minimum federal high-efficiency standard
Air-Source Heat Pump: $100, plus $100 for each SEER above minimum federal high-efficiency standard