Geothermal Heating & Cooling Services
Serving Northern Kentucky, Lexington & Cincinnati
Arronco Comfort Air specializes in geothermal HVAC system installation in Kentucky and the Cincinnati, OH, area. We’ve helped hundreds of local homeowners switch to geothermal heating and cooling. We’re one of the largest geothermal heat pump dealers in the country, and we’d love to help with your installation.
Benefits of Installing a Geothermal Heat Pump
The EPA and the U.S. Department of Energy recognize geothermal systems as the most environmentally friendly, energy-efficient, and cost-effective way to heat and cool a home.
Some benefits of installing a geothermal system include:
- Environmentally friendly. Geothermal heat pumps don’t emit carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, or other greenhouse gasses that contribute to air pollution.
- Energy-efficient. The EPA estimates geothermal heat pumps can reduce energy consumption up to 44% compared with traditional heat pumps and up to 72% compared to standard electric heating and cooling equipment. Saving energy means saving money!
- Lower heating & cooling costs. Because geothermal systems don’t burn fuel (gas, oil, propane, coal), they operate at a lower cost and are much cleaner.
- Perfect for our area. Our area is rich in limestone — an efficient heat storage and transfer material — so it’s even more efficient to use geothermal heating and cooling here than in many other places.
Geothermal heating and cooling systems tend to be very reliable, but like any mechanical system, they can occasionally develop problems. Whether you have a failure in the geothermal heat pump or the ground loop itself, our team at Arronco has the skill and experience to solve it as quickly as possible. We offer geothermal repair in Northern Kentucky and the Cincinnati area, and we can help with any common geothermal problem, such as:
- Leaks or flow issues in the ground loop
- Heat exchanger leaks or failures
- Insufficient heating or cooling performance
- Reduced airflow from one or more vents
- Frequent on and off-cycling
- Ice on the coils or refrigerant lines
- Clogged condensate drain
- Malfunctioning thermostat
- Air quality issues
For expert help with your geothermal heat pump, trust our team at Arronco. Call us today to schedule geothermal repairs in the Lexington or Cincinnati area.
Geothermal HVAC Maintenance
One of the easiest ways to prevent problems with your geothermal heat pump and maximize its service life is to keep up with its routine maintenance. At Arronco, we recommend two service visits a year, usually in the spring and fall, and our experts will provide all the preventative maintenance your system needs to operate at peak performance. Our geothermal HVAC maintenance services will typically include:
- Testing the thermostat, controls, and safeties
- Checking the evaporator and condenser coils
- Verifying refrigerant levels and pressures
- Testing heat exchanger performance
- Replacing the air filter (additional cost)
- Cleaning the blower fan and cabinet
- Checking the condensate drain and drip pan
- Inspecting wiring, terminals, and contactors
- Testing the compressor, fans, capacitors
- And more!
We also offer a convenient HVAC maintenance program that includes all your annual maintenance with impressive benefits like priority service and a 10% discount on parts and labor.
Maximize your comfort, efficiency, and energy savings with geothermal HVAC maintenance from Arronco. Call us today to schedule an appointment or to sign up for our HVAC maintenance program.
The Arronco Advantage: Why We’re the Best Choice for Geothermal System Installations
Arronco Comfort Air is one of the few geothermal contractors in the country that offers both equipment installations and loop services in-house.
We own and operate our own drilling and excavation equipment. We added loop services in 2006 to better serve our customers. Since we offer loop services, we can manage the scheduling and quality of loop installations — something few geothermal installers can offer.
Another benefit to choosing Arronco is the comfort of knowing we’ll perform the work ourselves. Most other geothermal companies rely on subcontractors. When there’s a problem, the heating contractor points at the loop contractor, the loop contractor points at the heating contractor, and the customer is stuck in the middle.
With Arronco, you’ll never have contractors pointing fingers at each other. We maintain full responsibility for your entire installation and service.
Get an Estimate on Geothermal Heat Pump Installation
Our experienced team of estimators can review your existing heating and cooling systems, discuss your comfort needs, and design the best geothermal system for your home.
Ready for an estimate? Contact us today to get started – take the next step toward making the switch to geothermal heat and cooling!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do geothermal heat pumps work?
Unlike a furnace or air conditioner, which only works for part of the year, heat pumps work year-round, heating your home during winter and cooling it during summer. Geothermal heat pumps do the same, but they do it much more efficiently.
Geothermal heating systems pump water and an anti-freeze solution through loops in the ground to transfer heat to or from the earth. An indoor air handler and air ducts installed throughout your home transfer heat to your home when needed and take heat away when cooling the house.
Why do I need an expert to install my geothermal system?
Geothermal heating, although a simple system, requires expertise to properly size, select, and install for the best combination of comfort and cost. Arronco Comfort Air has installed geothermal systems since 1986 and has thousands of systems operating.
At Arronco Comfort Air, we’re the leader in sales of WaterFurnace geothermal systems and therefore have fully trained installers with the highest experience.
Arronco is proud to be the area leader in the total number of residential geothermal installations and experience with geothermal in the markets we serve. In addition to being number one in the markets we serve, we’re in the top 10 on a national level in these categories.
Are geothermal heat pumps eco-friendly?
Yes. Geothermal heat pumps offer many environmental benefits, including reduced greenhouse gas emissions. They’re also extremely efficient, with monthly heating and cooling costs typically dropping by an average of 40–70%.
Do I get a tax credit for my geothermal heat pump?
Kentucky taxpayers may take the 30% credit against individual income taxes for any of the following equipment installed on their principal residence:
- Active or passive solar space-heating systems
- Combined active solar space-heating and water-heating systems
- Solar hot water systems
- Wind turbines
- Closed-loop geothermal heat pumps
- Open-loop geothermal heat pumps
- Direct expansion (DX) geothermal heat pumps
The maximum tax credit allowed per taxpayer is $250 for geothermal technologies.