How to Know When you Need Furnace Repair
The weather is getting colder, and it is important to know your furnace is ready to keep you warm and cozy over the months ahead. Since there are few things more uncomfortable than waking up to a chilly home, it is essential to know the most common signs that your furnace is about to fail. Taking prompt action when these signs appear is the key to ensuring you don’t end up with a furnace problem that will leave you hot under the collar.
Signs Your Furnace Needs Service
- Strange Smells. If you notice the smell of rotten eggs, it’s a solid indication of a gas leak. If you smell gas, you should evacuate the home and contact the gas company to shut the gas shut off immediately.
- Discolored Pilots. A pilot light that burns orange instead of blue is just as dangerous as a gas leak. Orange flames instead of blue ones mean that there is poor ventilation in the room, and it is likely causing a potentially deadly carbon monoxide buildup within your home. A certified HVAC technician can inspect this problem and also install a carbon monoxide detector within the room to alert you should CO levels rise to dangerous levels.
- Difficult Startup. Older furnaces won’t start as promptly as newer units. As components age (in particular, wiring and thermostats,) they perform less efficiently and effectively.
- Insufficient Heat. The inability to maintain heat or deliver the desired temperature can result from clogged ductwork, leaking ductwork, or inefficient combustion.
- Strange Noises. Clanging, banging, knocking, and grinding are not normal furnace sounds. These noises often indicate broken belts, worn bearings, damaged fans, and other critical component failures.
The Advantages of Prompt Furnace Repairs
Prompt and reliable furnace repairs performed by a certified HVAC specialist offer numerous benefits that can save you money and improve your comfort. Regular maintenance, coupled with prompt repairs, offers the following advantages:
- Reliable Operation. It would be best if you always had your furnace inspected in the spring and fall. This is the best way to identify potential issues before they result in costly repairs.
- Warranty Compliance. Many furnace warranties require regular maintenance for warranty compliance. Further, when repairs are required, many stipulate that a certified HVAC specialist perform these.
- Lower Utility Bills. Prompt repairs maximize the energy efficiency of your HVAC systems. This translates to significantly lower monthly utility bills.
- Lower Repair Costs. Small problems are less expensive to repair than major issues. Often, issues with one component can increase wear and tear on other components, thus leading to a series of required repairs. Addressing problems early reduces the overall cost of repairs.
- Reduced Replacement Costs. A well-maintained furnace will last 10-15 years. The fewer replacement furnaces and furnace installations you need to purchase, the lower your ownership costs.
- Increased Comfort. Maintaining your HVAC systems in good condition improves your comfort throughout the year. It also helps ensure that you won’t find yourself with surprise cold snaps or heat spells when your HVAC systems fail.
- Improved Air Quality. Addressing blocked ducts and clogged ductwork or air filters will help you breathe easier all year long.
Contact Arronco to Schedule Prompt and Reliable Furnace Repairs
Contact Arronco to schedule furnace repairs for your home. When you call, we will schedule a service visit at the earliest possible time. Our technicians will take down details of the problem and arrive with all the necessary components and tools to complete the repair.