5 Ways to Prepare for Winter
You probably have a punch list of tasks as winter approaches: get the heavy coats out of storage, find the snow shovel, and stock up on firewood and hot chocolate mix so you can stay cozy in front of the fire. One thing that might go unnoticed is your home comfort system. With winter right around the corner, now is the perfect time to start preparing your HVAC system for the colder weather.
To live comfortably and have no issues with changing seasons, it’s important to take care of your HVAC unit. Be sure to get your HVAC system ready for the cold weather that’s coming.
For HVAC installation, replacement, repair, or maintenance, trust Arronco Comfort Air to take care of your system – contact our HVAC contractors online today.
How to Prepare Your HVAC System for Cold Weather
Here are five simple ways to prepare your HVAC system for the cold weather:
- Conduct maintenance and clean your units – Whether you have a furnace or heat pump, it is important that you schedule a maintenance visit and conduct some seasonal cleaning. Both are easy to do, and both are great ways to boost your heater’s efficiency and prepare for cold weather.
- Replace your filter – As the winter approaches, it means it’s time to change your filter. It clears up your HVAC, your ductwork, and your home while also preparing your system for seasonal transitions.
- Purchase an upgrade – If there’s a time of the year to take a day without heating or cooling, it’s during the fall. Temperatures are mild—not too hot or too cold. It’s the perfect weather to have your HVAC replaced.
- Start warming up your heating unit – Your home’s HVAC system benefits from regular use; it keeps the motor hot and the system loose. Idleness is never good, so if your HVAC unit has been unused for a while, it may take a little warming up to work as it should. Run your HVAC system on lower temperatures and slowly turn up the heat to warm up your unit.
- Prepare your AC unit for cold weather – When the cold weather comes, your outdoor unit will be at a greater risk of freezing over. The best way to prevent that is to change your refrigerant, clear the airflow, and keep it warm. Obviously, if it is below 60 degrees, there’s no need to run your air conditioner, but if temperatures get lower than that, feel free to put a thick blanket over it.
Don’t wait until the last minute to prepare your HVAC unit for the winter weather – start preparing today! Contact Arronco Comfort Air online for more ways to get ready for the colder weather.
Trust Arronco Comfort Air to Take Care of Your HVAC System This Winter
For HVAC services you can trust, rely on Arronco Comfort Air. We will help you prepare your home for the colder weather with HVAC maintenance or replacements.
Simply contact our HVAC contractors online, and find out more ways to prepare your heating and cooling units for the seasonal change!