Did you know that water heaters are the second-highest source of energy usage in most homes? Heat pump water heaters can help you save energy and money every day, plus you may be eligible for tax credits and rebates that offset installation cost!
According to ENERGY STAR, certified heat pump water heaters can save the average household approximately $330 in savings per year on electric bills compared to a standard electric water heater. Larger families that use more hot water will save even more. Heat pump water heaters use the same water and electric connections as conventional electric water heaters, making them a great fit for any home.
How Does a Heat Pump Water Heater Work?
Heat pump water heaters work by using electricity to move heat from one place to another—instead of directly creating heat. What this means for homeowners is up to 3 times higher efficiency compared to other types of water heaters. Heat pump water heaters incorporate both HVAC and plumbing components and technology to deliver energy efficient water heating. At Arronco, we have years of experience working with these systems and our technicians work on them every day–giving you peace of mind.
Want to learn more about heat pump water heaters and decide if this system is right for you? Contact us today!
Benefits of Installing a Heat Pump Water Heater
- Higher efficiency. These types of water heaters use less than half of the electricity a traditional water heater would need to operate. These systems can be incorporated with your existing HVAC and plumbing components to deliver efficient heating of your water.
- Lower energy costs. While the initial cost of installation may be slightly higher when compared to traditional models, over time, you will likely see a significant return on your investment. With lower running costs-typically only one-third of conventional water heaters, heat pump water heater systems can help you save money and lower total energy use each and every day!
- Tax credits & rebates. You can also offset the increased initial cost by taking advantage of available tax credits and other rebates offered by manufacturers, utility companies, and federal programs.
- Premium technology. Upgraded models offer innovative technology that gives homeowners premium features including user-friendly displays, vacation mode, and dual heating elements that will help your unit provide enough hot water to handle households with high demand. Safety features are also included that will protect the functionality and performance of your heat pump water heater for up to ten years.
Tax Credits and Rebates for Heat Pump Water Heaters
Many utility rebates are available for heat pump water heaters. KY residents are also eligible for a $250 tax credit (credit, not deduction) as well. Combining the two, many of our KY customers are eligible for $600-$650 in tax credits and rebates for a limited time on heat pump water heaters. Some tax credits and rebates available to Kentucky homeowners include:
- KY State tax credit
- Owen Electric Cooperative – $300
- LG&E and KU customer Rebate – $300
- Duke Energy (KY and OH) customer rebate – $350
Heat Pump Water Heater Products from Arronco Comfort Air
The A.O. Smith Voltex® Hybrid Electric Heat Pump reduces water heating cost by up to 66% through an innovative design that pulls environmental heat while dehumidifying and cooling the ambient air at the same time.
These water heaters use heat pump technology to deliver tremendous savings, by generating heat through the heat pump technology instead of the heating elements. It offers premium features including a user-friendly display, vacation mode to save money while you are away, and a heavy duty anode that protects your tank for 10 years. In addition to the heat pump technology, this model also has two heating elements that help the water heater recover quickly during periods of high demand.
Why Choose Arronco for Heat Pump Water Heaters in Northern Kentucky?
At Arronco, we educate our customers on environmentally responsible steps that they can take to update their plumbing system while also saving utility expenses. We provide each and every customer with top notch customer service and expertise. We’ve been serving the Northern Kentucky area for over 30 years, and we’re proud to have helped many of our neighbors and friends with their plumbing, HVAC, and geothermal systems.
Our team is standing by to answer all of your questions about heat pump water heaters and to schedule your no cost, no obligation plumbing consultation to help you get back on track. Call today!